Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Canning Season Is Here

I've been busy in the orchard, and in the kitchen this last week.
Picking apples before the deer eat them all is an never ending "chore" around here.

Once we picked the organic apples, then "putting them up" is the next task on the list.

Thankfully, I've had the best kitchen help possible...my foodie fanatic daughter. Well, I must say, that is "fanatic" in the very best way! She keeps me sharp in my kitchen skills, and mostly, we just have a lot of fun together.

No wonder women of yesteryear, did things in groups. Sewing circles, quilting bees, and even preserving the harvest together. I've decided that together is the best way to accomplish what other wise may seem like a chore.

So, if you don't seem me around much on Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, or Etsy, just know that I'm in the kitchen, laughing and perspiring, and savoring the sweet smell of cooking apples.

Canning 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment