Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My One Word for 2015

Have you ever been resistant to the "One Word" that God gives you at the start of a New Year? I have.
This year, the word that kept coming forward was "RELEASE"; as in release, in order to receive. In my thinking that was a little "New Age" for me...until I really began to grasp what God was telling me. He will use what ever circumstances He chooses to grab my attention. Since I had preconceived ideas of how the word "RELEASE" sounded, I kept shunning the word. One day a person very dear to me asked me if I was so resistant to "the word", being "my word" for 2015 because I was trying to be in control of everything.
Um...y-e-s, I guess that might have something to do with it, maybe just a teeny tiny bit! You mean to tell me, that I need to practice R-E-L-E-A-S-I-N-G control?
After going to Dictionary.com and looking up the word RELEASE, I discovered that God was indeed right in choosing that word for me this year.

Release-
freedom, liberation's, relief, deliverance, permit an action, allow, ease, dis-burden. Um...hello...did you get that? Permit an action, dis-burden, ease, relief? I'm telling you, who wouldn't want more of that? Okay, God, I get it. I need to be surrendered to you this year, to see how you would like to remove my burdens, bring ease into my life, remind me that I am not in control, and that it is only an illusion that I can control my surroundings.
To top off the search and acceptance of my word, The Holy Spirit directed me to this verse. Romans 7:6 "But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code."
WOW...for a recovering "legalistic Pharisee"..being released from the burden of trying to perform and trying to produce in order to gain approval; the word RELEASE sounds like a freedom journey for sure.
So, I'm off on my journey of discovery of what it means to live "released". I hope you will join with me as we learn and share all the wonderful mysteries that lay hidden, waiting to be discovered in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment