Thursday, January 22, 2015

What I Love To Do that Feeds My Soul


I love to be outdoors. Walking along the ocean. Breathing deeply. Smelling the salty air. Filling my lungs. Slowly inhaling and savoring the exhale. The smell, along with a few deep breaths and my soul is beginning to soar.

Slowing down is necessary for my soul to be refreshed. Listening to the rhythm of the waves, allows the gradual slowing of my own heartbeat. YHWH. The inhale and exhale. The sound of breathing. "The holiest name in the world, the Name of Creator, is the sound of your own breathing..." (Rabbi Lawrence Kushner)

It is then, after my breathing has begun to sync with the wave patterns, my mind begins to think about the "majestic power" that created all of this beauty. God spoke all of this into existence. Genesis 1:9-10. How awesome is that! My God, The Creator God, who spoke the world into existence wants to be with me. Communing with me. Sometimes I find it "easier" to listen when my soul has been quieted and refreshed by His creation.

I also love to create with my hands. The process of thinking, designing, and then creating is what can energize my soul. I feel so blessed to be able to now "create" as part of my soul needs, as well as financial needs for my family. Psalm 90:17. Thank you God for the opportunities to participate in Your creative nature, by aligning my soul with Yours, to CREATE.

http://bit.ly/belovedbrews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan! I'm stopping in from the Beloved Brews Thursday link-up and I am so glad that I found you here! What a beautiful post!!! Thank you for sharing your heart with your readers and for speaking truth about the opportunity to praise God through His creation. The beauty of nature always reminds me of His brilliant handiwork and it truly does lead my heart to worship! I hope to connect with you again soon.

    My blog can be found at: Courtneystanford.com
    where today, I wrote a bit about what makes my soul sing!

    Looking forward to chatting with you again, soon!
    With love,
    Courtney Stanford

    ReplyDelete