Saturday, December 29, 2018

High Five to Pear Creek Cottage

Sometimes, in the course of life, one needs to stop and review.  I've recently done this with my online shop.  I've reviewed where I started, when I first opened my "virtual doors" on March 7, 2010 until now, the end of 2018.  There have been many victories and rewards, as well as harder learning experiences that have added to my personal character as well as business growth.

I was encouraged on the first day of opening my shop, with only 7 items in inventory;  I had my first sale.  My son, Peter who at the time was active duty Air Force, purchased one of my needle felt sheep.
True to his nature, he is an encourager and loves to lift people's spirits.  When he purchased one of my needle felt sheep,  and later pinned it on his uniform, this Mama was overcome with a sense of pride in accomplishing a goal of launching my small business, as well as helping to launch my son out in the world.  And just like that, Pear Creek Cottage was launched into business.

We have the wonderful privilege of servicing so many different customers over the 9 years of business.  Some of our highlights include, Nordstrom's Department stores, The Food Network, Avon, Independent Scentsy Consultants, Many Military Families, Mother Earth News, Meredith Publishing, many churches and schools, and thousands of super, amazing people.

Recently, I joined a new service available to Etsy shop owners which allows shop owners to check their ranks amongst other shops, and see how well different listings are performing in comparison with like items.  Through this venue, I was able to find my ranking among other Etsy shops.  


"Cue drum roll, please" 


                               Congratulations!  

                                   🙌   👏   🎈      🎊     🎉                                                      PearCreekCottage is a Top 1% seller on Etsy.










..... among 1.9 million shops on Etsy,  Pear Creek Cottage ranks in the top 1% of sellers on Etsy.  Whoo Hoo!  Yahoo!  Celebrating going on!

Thank you to all my fabulous customers and friends who have helped me accomplish one of my goals. To have a successful small business which helps contribute to our family income.  I could not have done it without your support.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As I close out 2018 and prepare and strategize for 2019, my brain is buzzing with new ideas.  New products, new merchandising techniques, new, fresh photos and content.  As always, I am forever grateful and blessed that you are journeying with me.  Here's to a New Year together.

No comments:

Post a Comment