Thursday, June 28, 2018

                                        The Magic Behind the Unicorns

I wanted to give a special "shout out" to my husband, Jerry, for all the help and support he has given to me since I started Pear Creek Cottage 8 years ago.

When we started this adventure, I had just completed over a decade of working for a corporation.  As with "corporate work", there were definitely ups and downs.  Major frustrations, a few "highs"...to help balance the "lows".

Jerry believed in me, right from the start.  He willingly supported the lack of income we received, while the business was being birthed and grown.  He was and still is my #1 moral support.  He believes in me and my dream...sometimes more than I believe in myself.

Here we are 8 years later, and we are working side by side in our small home business.  Neither one of us saw this coming, but when Jerry's company sold the part of the business where he worked, he was let go.



He has company while he cuts out shapes!  His favorite is John Wayne movies.  He has seen them so many times, he has them memorized I think!  :)


We teased each other, about him "working for me"...but low and behold, it has come to pass.  Well, he doesn't really work for me, but with me.  He has become an excellent die cutting apprentice!  Can I just let you know that he has been cutting felt unicorns for the whole month of June and beyond.  He has cut over 4000 unicorns!  Whoo hoo!


Taking a lunch/walk break along our lovely Santa Cruz Coastline
It may not seem the "manly man" thing to do, but yet there he is still cutting and stacking the unicorns all nice and neat as they await shipping out to customers.  His large fingers, delicately cradling the fragile unicorns as if they were a newborn babe.  Observing this, as I routinely work on filling orders, has brought a new surge of love and admiration for this man that I said; "I Do" to, over 39 years ago.




I just had to stop and share with you the importance of our love and commitment to each other.  Doing things for each other, even when we don't "feel" like it.  Placing each other as a priority.  Working together to achieve our goals.  Realizing anew, that we need each other.  We were not made to do this life alone.  God intends for us to live in joy, and in relationship.  Just as The Father, and The Son, and The Holy Spirit live in community and relationship, we too are designed to live in relationship.


My joy level has risen as I see the care and love that Jerry displays by his actions.  The Magic behind the unicorns?  LOVE!!


 Together, we both are so grateful for your continued support of our small home business.  You are helping us as a family, and our THANKS is heartfelt and sincere.


Did you know that you can use our "White Wax Dipping Felt" shapes for more than dipping in wax!    Use your favorite markers, and color right onto the felt. Great for kids crafts or for your own personal muse.   Let your inner artist out!




2 comments:

  1. Jerry is doing what a manly man is suppose to do, support his wife. Good on both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear reader for you comment and you support! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete