Friday, December 10, 2010

Grandma's Rocking Chair


I recently inherited my grandmother's rocking chair. A gift from my parents as I am awaiting the arrival of my first grandchild. What a treasure it has been to have my morning Advent devotional time sitting in my grandmother's chair and...remembering. I am so thankful for her faith in God and the times she sat in her chair, praying for me and the rest of her grandchildren.

As a new season and chapter of my life begin, I ask; "Father in Heaven" that I can be faithful to You as my Grandma was. Help me instill in my grandchildren Your unconditional love for Your creation.

I am so thankful for special memories of my Grandmother and her sitting in her chair. I remember sitting in her lap, I remember sitting at her feet as she would read to my sister and I. I remember playing "chase" around the chair. My grandmother would shuffle her feet on the ground as if to pretend to chase my sister and I, then when we were least expecting it, she would quickly reach out and grab us and hug us.

Now, the adventures continue with a new generation, but same chair. What stories will the chair have to add to it's already existing repitoires? It will be a pleasure to live the stories out!

No comments:

Post a Comment