Thursday, July 29, 2010

Needle Felting

I have been needle felting for 6 months now. It is a new craft for me and I am loving the process of how the fibers, condense and make a sculpture after time.


This got me thinking in the spiritual realm of how The Master Artist works on each of His pieces, individually, and uniquely. One thing I've learned is you can't be in a hurry. Each piece takes time and care. Continual needle poking is what makes the fibers blend together. That's just the way The Master does with each of us. He treats us individually, giving attention to detail and what makes us, us! He is never in a hurry. The process is the avenue He uses to form, mold, shape and make us more like The Great Shepherd, Jesus.

I've recently been working on a little sheep, and I find that I add a tuft of wool here and then there, getting the sheep to look just right. I use my needle to fiddle with his ears, I mold his face, I add facial features that make him smile and give him appeal. Sometimes, I am in a hurry wanting the project to be done, so I can move onto something else.

How unlike our Father that is. He is always patiently working on His pieces of art. He is not anxiously waiting to wipe His hands together signaling that He is finished with this piece and is ready to move onto the next. Unlike us, He delights in continuing to work with the piece. Instead of wiping His hands with an " I'm finished" gesture, He instead "claps His hands" with a joyful anticipation of working with each piece to completion.

Knowing this, makes me pause and shout out to God; "THANK YOU"...thank you for not giving up and discarding this piece of art. Thank you for continuing to work in me. Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for your love and patience...and the "thank yous" go on.

I hope today you can have joy in knowing that Your Father is lovingly tending to His pieces of art, even though it may not feel loving as pricks and prods may penetrate our beings; God is creating His masterpiece in you!

Philippians 1:6 "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

2 comments:

  1. :O) wonderful. Thank you for writing this, and thank Him for you :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Perry said..."Wow, quite profound"! The needle pokes and pricks hurt but I do welcome them...eventually. Thanks, Sis

    ReplyDelete