Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Little Things

We've all heard it said that life takes place in the little things...the details.
This past week some of the little things that have made my life enriched are:

~Being featured in the CAST team blog. When Phyllis contacted me with the idea of being featured, my heart skipped a beat or two. Not so much as being featured, but more that I could be part of something bigger than myself. Being part of a team is reassuring...I am not alone.

~Hearing words of encouragement from a friend who is enjoying visiting my shop and considering setting one up herself.

~Talking with my son who is getting ready to deploy, and hearing his words of affirmation and encouragement to me; not really giving himself a thought, but his loved ones around him.

~Watching Mr. and Mrs. Finch build their nest in my eaves, and then observing Mr. Finch taking care to feed the Mrs. while she is "setting".

I could go on and on with more 'little things', but a new day awaits, and I must answer it's call.

My Bible reading today is, Psalm 145:14-16

"The LORD sustains all who fall and raises up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look to You, and You give them their food in due time.
You open Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing."


May my eyes be focused on You Lord, and my heart be bowed down before You. You are my provider and sustainer who satisfies.

No comments:

Post a Comment